Effective Date: October 14, 2020
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information:
|First and last name, date of birth, postal address, copy of your driver’s license or passport, telephone or mobile contact number, vehicle information, social security number or other unique personal identifier, online identifiers, Internet Protocol address, and email address|
|Commercial and Financial Information||Bank account information including routing and account numbers, credit and/or debit card numbers, records of personal property, transaction and purchase history, and other financial details|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Device identifier, browsing history, search history, and information on your interactions with a website, application, or advertisement|
|Geolocation Data||Whether you are located within the New York Designated Marketing Area (NY DMA)|
|Professional or employment||Job title, employer information, work history, and salary information|
|Audio an visual information||Security footage|
We collect the above categories of information from various sources, including (i) directly from you when you provide it to us, including through a tenant application, building management tools or software, request for information regarding our properties, e-mail, text message, and other hard or electronic copy forms where we ask for information; (ii) third-party resellers and referral partners, vendors, and service providers; (iii) partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint event or marketing activities; and (iv) tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and embedded scripts.
3. How We Use Your Information
|Description of Use||Categories of Information Used|
|Respond to your inquiries or fulfill your requests, such as information regarding our properties or properties we think may be of interest to you||
|Email you with apartment listings or other properties of interest||
|Send you alerts and notices regarding premises you lease from us||
|Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service||
|Communicate with you concerning visits to a property or entry into a premises||
|Understand and analyze your needs with respect to a property and third parties||
|Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third party products, services, offers, promotions, and events||
|Engage with you through third party social media sites like Facebook and Instagram either through direct communication or advertisements regarding our and third party products, services, offers, promotions, and events||
|Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies and terms, and threats of harm to property or building occupants||
|Perform analytics on our Website||
4. How We May Share or Disclose Your Information
We may share or disclose your personal information to the following individuals or entities or for the following purposes:
- To our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers, including our building and property management software tool providers, (collectively “Service Providers”) in order for them to perform the activities listed above in Section 3 (“How We Use Your Information”) at our instruction and on our behalf.
- To third party social media sites, including Facebook, in order to send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our, services, offers, promotions, and events.
- To law enforcement or other government agencies, in order to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or to otherwise protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, our Service Providers, or tenants.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- To our affiliates for internal business purposes.
Our Service Providers are prohibited from using or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than to perform the services listed in Section 3 (“How We Use Your Information”). However, we may permit our Service Providers to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for any other purpose.
5. Third Party Services, Features, and Devices
Our Website also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties. For example, analytics services, such as Google Analytics, may use Tracking Technologies on our Website to help us analyze your use of our Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. Similarly, ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties, including Facebook, may use Tracking Technologies on our Service and Third Party Services to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities, which may include sending you an ad on a Third Party Service or third party device after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
When you use our Website we or our Service Providers may store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of our Website. A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer's hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Certain pages of the Websites and/or html email correspondence may use session cookies, persistent cookies or web beacons to anonymously track unique visitors, save website preferences and to allow us to recognize visits from the same computer and browser.
There are several types of cookies.
- Cookies that are essential for the operation of our Website (“Essential Cookies”). These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies remain on your device only until you close your browser after visiting our Website.
- Cookies that are used to collect anonymous information on the pages visited (“Performance Cookies”). For example, we might use Performance Cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. These cookies remain on your device only until you close your browser after visiting our Website.
- Cookies that remember choices you make to improve your experience (“Functionality Cookies”). These Functionality Cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time. When you revisit our Website we recognize Functionality Cookies and remember your preferences or can automatically log you on to the Website. Personal information on our system may be associated with Functionality Cookies but the cookies themselves do not contain any of your personal information.
In general, the cookies on our Website make your use of the Website easier, makes the Website run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure Website. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Website may not work properly in that case.
7. Your Choices
A) Accessing Your Information
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B) Tracking Technologies
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies some parts of the Website may not work and that when you revisit the Website your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
C) Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
You may choose whether to receive Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt-out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting-out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). We are not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt-out of receiving certain promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or by sending an e-mail to us here with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or ongoing business relations.
8. Notice to Minors
Our Website is directed at and is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18. Visitors under the age of 18 should not provide any personal information through the Website. If you are under the age of 18, do not send any type of personal information about yourself to us or our Website.
Our Website is based in the United States, and operate under United States Law. We make no representation that information provided by the Website is appropriate or available for use outside the United States or complies with laws outside of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, the information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States and in other countries where the privacy laws may not be the same as the laws where you reside. Those who choose to access the Website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations outside the United States. By using the Website, you hereby consent to having any information you provide to us transferred to and processed in the United States.
10. Notice to California Residents
Rudin does not conduct business in the State of California and does not consider itself a “business” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Accordingly, Rudin is not subject to the CCPA or California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light” law). Any consumer requests for information made under CCPA or the Shine the Light law are inapplicable to Rudin and we will not respond to such requests. If you have questions regarding our information collection, use, or disclosure practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Contact Us